Monday, August 11, 2008

The 1923 T-Bucket - "Tommy & Cynthia's Wild Ride"


How about this baby for some head turning? This is Tommy and Cynthia (Winton) Russell's T-Bucket Hot Rod. What a rush!

Tommy and Cynthia take this head turner to the coast each year for a huge event - "Crusin the Coast" - an annual gathering of hot rods, classic, and vintage cars rumbling back and forth along the beachfront highways.



Per Cynthia

"We have been taking a trip to "Crusin the Coast" in Gulfport & Biloxi for 10 years. There are over 2000 hotrods, street, and vintage cars traveling the coast for a week in October."

I bought the t-bucket for $5000.000 and the car is from Texas. I have the original title prior to modification. We purchased chrome accent rear view mirrors, new chrome rims and larger tires, chrome carburetor covers, chrome exhaust pipes and some really cool lights underneath and on the front.


The little thing will fly but gives me whip-lash everytime we ride..Tom holds the steering wheel knowing he is going to "gun" it, but I don't.. so I'm like a dish rag bobbing about..I brace myself by placing my right foot to the outside of the windshield.

I'm attaching the website as well as some pics.


Note the photos shown driving the "T" were taken by Crusining the Coast photographers. For some reason that team really takes a liking to our T-bucket..not sure if it's the car or what in it..hahaha!!!


Also, 2002 or 2003, our pic was on the cover of the mail-out announcing the upcoming year's event..pretty cool to get a flyer in the mail and your picture be on the front cover.


http://www.cruisinthecoast.com/




Thanks Cynthia for sharing with another car nut - DP

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This year's event will be October 5 through October 12. If you want to take a walk down memory lane..don't hesitate.make your reservation now..you will have a blast...burnout, lights, music, and action. Hope to see you there.

David said...

So Cynthia, is a low power, low slung, beat up, British sports car welcome at this gala? Most rodders in Montgomery tease me about having more power in one cylinder than I do in my entire engine!

I've read about and seen some coverage on TV of this outing and it does sound great. I recently got invited to a high speed cruise behind a Maserati, Ferrari, Cobra, 63 Vette, then me followed by @ 20 more sports cars. I could not feel more out of place on your cruise! But what a blast!